Asiago Eggplant© Chef Laura Bonicelli
Crisp on the outside, creamy on the inside. This is a lovely addition to an antipasti platter or a delicious side dish.
5 from 2 votes
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 tablespoon green onion -- minced white and light green parts only
- 1 large eggplant -- cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 1/2 cups Italian-style panko
- 1 1/2 cups finely grated Asiago
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 425º F. Coat a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Combine the mayo and green onion in a bowl. Combine the breadcrumbs, Asiago, and salt in a shallow dish. (I like using a pie plate.) Spread the mayo mixture thinly on both sides of a slice of eggplant and dredge the slice in breadcrumbs. Place on the baking sheet and repeat with the remaining pieces.
- Bake for 18 minutes; turn over and bake another 18 minutes until golden brown.
Calories: 304kcalCarbohydrates: 16gProtein: 12gFat: 21gSaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 1018mgPotassium: 227mgFiber: 3gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 235IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 330mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!