Fritto Misto Vedure© Chef Laura Bonicelli
"The vegetables are light and delicious. Frequently, we skip the aioli; the vegetables are flavorful and yummy on their own."
5 from 2 votes
- 1/2 cup homemade mayo
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 lemon -- zested and juiced
- 1 tablespooon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1 clove garlic -- finely minced
- 1/4 teaspoon driied mustard
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper -- to taste
- 12 cups extra-virgin olive oil or canola oil -- enough to fill your fryer
- 1 cup sugar snaps
- 1 cup green beans -- stemmed
- 8 green onions -- roots and dark green parts removed
- 1/2 head cauliflower flowerets
- 1 zucchini -- cut into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1 yellow squash -- cut into 1/4-inch rounds
- 2 bell peppers -- seeded cored and cut into strips
- 3 lemons -- very thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups cornstarch
- fleur de sel
- Make the aioli: combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and set aside or chill before serving.
- Prepare your vegetables as directed in the ingredient list.
- Heat the oven to 250∫F.
- In a deep fryer, heat 12 cups canola oil (or the amount required by your fryer) to 375∫F. Using a strainer over a shallow plate or pie plate, sprinkle cornstarch over the vegetables in batches. Toss to coat. Remove to a baking sheet, shaking off excess cornstarch. Keep each type of vegetable separate from the others; you will be frying and presenting them separately on a platter.
- Drop the vegetables in batches into the hot oil and cook until brown and crispy (1 to 3 minutes). Remove to a baking sheet lined with paper towels. Place the baking sheet in the oven to keep the vegetables hot while you finish frying the rest.
- Arrange on a platter, keeping each type of vegetable separate. Sprinkle with salt and serve with aioli.
Chef Laura Bonicelli
Chef Laura Bonicelli
Calories: 280kcalCarbohydrates: 49gProtein: 5gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 181mgPotassium: 704mgFiber: 6gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 2075IUVitamin C: 144mgCalcium: 90mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!