Shrimp or Fish in Crazy Water© Chef Laura Bonicelli
"Shrimp in Crazy Water is an Italian dish that uses seawater in the sauce."
5 from 3 votes
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion -- 1/2-inch diced
- 4 cloves garlic -- thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons hot chilies -- seeded and chopped
- 1 fennel bulb -- 1/2-inch dice - reserve fronds
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes -- halved
- 1 14- ounce can whole Italian tomatoes
- 1/2 cup seawater 1/2 cup water with 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups dry white wine
- 1 pound large shrimp -- or firm white fish
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic, chilies, and diced fennel and cook until soft and light golden brown, about 8 to 10 minutes, stirring as necessary.
- Add the tomatoes, seawater, and wine and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the fish and simmer until the shrimp or fish cook through, about 5 minutes. Season with pepper and more salt if necessary.
Copyright - Chef Laura Bonicelli
Calories: 388kcalCarbohydrates: 21gProtein: 27gFat: 16gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 286mgSodium: 1066mgPotassium: 923mgFiber: 5gSugar: 9gVitamin A: 671IUVitamin C: 41mgCalcium: 257mgIron: 5mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!